Special Services at Home (SSAH) funding
The Passport Program
The Ontario Disability Supports Program (ODSP)
Post-Secondary Educational Opportunities
- Down Syndrome Education International
- The Down Syndrome Research Foundation (DSRF)
- The Canadian Down Syndrome Society
- Teach Me to Talk
- Down Syndrome Association of Ontario
- Etmanski, A., Collins, J., Cammack, V., & Styan, J. (2009). Safe and secure: six steps to creating a good life for people with disabilities (RDSP ed.). Vancouver, B.C: PLAN.
- Hodgdon, L. A. (1995). Visual strategies for improving communication: practical supports for school and home. Troy, MI: Quirk Roberts Pub.
- Horstmeier, D. (2004). Teaching Math to people with Down syndrome and other hands-on learners (First edition.). Bethesda, MD: Woodbine House.
- Kumin, L. (2001). Classroom language skills for children with Down syndrome: a guide for parents and teachers (1st ed.). Bethesda, MD: Woodbine House.
- Kumin, L. (2012). Early communication skills for children with Down syndrome: a guide for parents and professionals (3rd ed.). Bethesda, MD: Woodbine House.
- Kumin, L. (2008). Helping children with Down syndrome communicate better: speech and language skills for ages 6-14 (1st ed.). Bethesda, MD: Woodbine House.
- Medlen, Joan E. Guthrie. (2006). The Down syndrome Nutrition Handbook: A Guide to Promoting Healthy Lifestyles. Portland, OR: Phronesis Publishing, LLC.
- McGuire, D. E., & Chicoine, B. (2021). Mental wellness in adults with Down syndrome: a guide to emotional and behavioral strengths and challenges. Bethesda, MD: Woodbine House.
- Oelwein, P. L. (1995). Teaching reading to children with Down syndrome: a guide for parents and teachers. Bethesda, MD: Woodbine House.
- Pepper, J., Weitzman, E., & Manolson, H. A. (2004). It takes two to talk: a practical guide for parents of children with language delays (Fourth edition.) Toronto, Ontario: Hanen Centre.
- Simons, J. A. (2010). The Down syndrome Transition Handbook: Charting your child’s course to adulthood. Bethesda, MD: Woodbine House.